Monday, October 11, 2010

Need by Carrie Jones

 Didn't see that one coming :)
I loved it from the first page.
It's like an East Coast Twilight but without any Vampires


First Line: Everybody has fears, right?

Summary:
"Zara White suspects there’s a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She’s also obsessed with phobias. And it’s true, she hasn’t exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane . . . but Zara’s pretty sure her mom just can’t deal with her right now.
She couldn’t be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara’s overactive imagination. In fact, he’s still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There’s something not right—not human—in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.
In this creepy, compelling breakout novel, Carrie Jones delivers romance, suspense, and a creature you never thought you’d have to fear."

This may seem weird but my favorite thing about the book was that every chapter was named after a different phobia.  I thought it was really clever.  And in a nostalgic high school-y kind of way it reminded me of my favorite English teacher Ms. Smith who was kind of quirky and had a lesson on arachibutyrophobia: fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth (and other phobias, but I never forgot that one) since that lesson phobias have always reminded me of sophomore English!  Total high school drama, mean stuck up girl, jock guy, first love and lots of making out (last part not so much my high school drama). It was scary at times, deliciously scary haha!  really I'm not sure what drew me to it, but I really loved the whole thing - call me crazy.

I do wonder though if there is a phobia name for 'fear of swearing.' 
This book wouldn't help at all with curing me of that :(

Need Series
Book #1 Need December 23 2008
Book #2 Captivate January 5 2010
Book #3 Entice December 7 2010

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails