Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

I was curious.
I wanted to see what all the fuss was about even though I got a couple of warnings that I wouldn't like some of it's content. Truth is I didn't like MOST of the content, but it was like a train wreck that you can't take your eyes off of.  Torture, blackmail, rape, incest, murder weaved throughout a story line and mystery that is infuriatingly intriguing. I was on the hold list for months at the library and even though I have the other two books sitting on my nightstand they are going back unread.  I may not be able to learn from others, but I can learn from my own mistakes, usually.
First Line: It happened every year, was almost a ritual.

Summary:
"Once you start The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, there's no turning back...
Mikael Blomkvist, a once-respected financial journalist, watches his professional life rapidly crumble around him. Prospects appear bleak until an unexpected (and unsettling) offer to resurrect his name is extended by an old-school titan of Swedish industry. The catch--and there's always a catch--is that Blomkvist must first spend a year researching a mysterious disappearance that has remained unsolved for nearly four decades. With few other options, he accepts and enlists the help of investigator Lisbeth Salander, a misunderstood genius with a cache of authority issues. Little is as it seems in Larsson's novel, but there is at least one constant: you really don't want to mess with the girl with the dragon tattoo." --Dave Callanan

The Millennium Trilogy
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo



The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails