Friday, August 20, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella


It really was a hilarious book.  And painfully true... Hobby Lobby aside I'm not too addicted to shopping, but I have enough bills coming my way that I know that drowning feeling that Rebecca Bloomwood cleverly files away in the back of her mind with a rather over-active imagination.  
Her dreams of winning the lottery and then having all the money spent in her mind by the afternoon... I mean who hasn't done that?  I LOVED the movie by the same title, though I was glad the ending wasn't quite as brutal as the movie (lol if you can call it brutal)! I like a good sappy happy ending.   I have a confession of my own, I listened to the book rather than actually reading it, which was good and bad - good because I LOVE British accents and I swear the narrator was 'Emily' from the Devil Wears Prada!  Great voice :)  BAD because I couldn't sub-conscientiously blow over the swearing... and there was a LOT of swearing, so sad - because otherwise I think I would devour whatever else Sophie Kinsella sent my way.
It does, however, begin a series, so if this book was more your thing than mine... enjoy!

Shopaholic Series
Book 1 Confessions of a Shopaholic
Book 2 Shopaholic Takes Manhatten
Book 3 Shopaholic Ties the Knot
Book 4 Shopaholic and Sister
Book 5 Shopaholic and a Baby
Book 6 Mini Shopaholic
















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails